Buhay Talaan ni Felipe - 2

Mamaalam, tala kong may ngiti, saglit lamang, may huling habilin, sa gitna ng yong paglalakbay, sa dako mong ihihimlay dalhin ang payapa't pangakong wagas. Patawad. May lunas pa araw nananamlay mong diwa s'yang may gamay ng malay mong tilang hiram. Itong minamataa, daang tinitimbang, dala, tang kong alay. Mamaalam sa mundong kay lupit, sadya kayang nilihis sa pait. Sa gitna ng yong paghihimlay, manlako kang maghihintay. Dalhin sa paaglitis. Taglay ng tamis. Paalam. ["Alay," Aia de Leon]

martes, julio 05, 2005

Rain

It's another rainy day. The world outside looks sad. Wala lang. That's just how I feel about today's rain. Sad. Whenever it rains, i would feel either sad or nostalgic. I don't know exactly why i'd feel sad on a rainy day, but i know why i'd feel nostalgic about it. Memories of my childhood days. And even college days. Mangyari kase, back in the days when I was starting with the basics of algebra and Philippine history, during the months of June, July and August, it would rain almost everyday. At madalas din cancelled ang classes, the only chance i get to see Batibot and Sesame street on TV in the morning.

My college car took a lot of beating from driving through rough roads (walang katapusang pot holes), traffic and (almost) tire-high floods. I was blessed na never ako natirikan ng makina. I wouldn't know what to do if that ever happened to me. Uhm... Kahit ngayon, di ko pa rin alam ang gagawin ko kung mangyari sa akin yun and I'd slap myself for buying an automatic car whenever I'm reminded about it.

*****

Rain gives an opportunity for some to make porma. They just have to hope that it will stay cold for the rest of the day. I suddenly remember a Sprite commercial with the similar situation.

"Yo... pahingi ng... Sprite..."

At biglang hinimatay si pogi.


*****

Today I'm wearing my favorite brown bootleg jeans, my most-favored-but-not-exactly-the-favorite red collared shirt and a sports sweater. And just like any porma that prioritizes porma, it's quite useless under the rain. My pants are soaking wet, my sweater doesn't give much protection (ang tanga ko talaga, di pa ako nag-jacket) and i desperately need my running shoes.

*****

During this season, i'm also expecting something that is in every computer freak's nightmares. Blackouts.

I have been too attached with my computer, i would go insane without it. And I hope the jelly fish specie won't play hookie again with the power plants coz things will only get NASTY.